How much data does Zoom use
Information about how much data Zoom use will be of interest to users with a slow Internet connection, with a limited tariff, or with payment for the spent megabytes. In this article, you will find out the general consumption data, from which it is worth starting.
Specialists conducted several tests of the Zoom platform, its video conferencing capabilities, and the load on the users’ Internet channel. They gave the results in an average form. This information is the same as what is stated in the system requirements.
When communicating one-on-one:
- Standart video quality is 540 megabytes per hour.
- HD (1280 × 720) – 1.08 gigabytes per hour.
- Full HD (1920 × 1080) – 1.62 gigabytes per hour.
In a video conference with three or more participants:
- Standard quality is 810 MB/hour.
- HD – 1.35 GB/hour.
- FHD – 2.4 GB/hour.
There are no video quality settings in the mobile app. And according to approximate measurements, an hour of communication in a group conference with a camera consumes 800 MB.
It should be understood that the figures given are very averaged. You can reduce the consumption of the Internet in several ways:
- Reduce the quality of your camera in the Zoom settings by disabling «HD» mode.
- Disable the video entirely.
All other options will not give the desired effect.