How to divide participants into groups in Zoom
Zoom is an application and program on a PC for communicating using a microphone and/or webcam. The user interface is loyal and concise, easy to learn. This simplifies the study of the available functionality, provides ample opportunities for user admin. Now we will figure out how to divide participants into groups in Zoom.
To create a new group or channel in the program, follow these steps:
- Open the program and click on the «Contacts» tab in the upper right part of the window.
- On the new page, activate the plus sign opposite the «Channels» tab.
- In the drop-down list, select «Create a Channel».
- Set a name for it and add members.
- Optionally, set the status for it «Private» or «Public».
- Confirm the creation.
To invite a person:
- In the «Chats» tab, open the desired channel that you just created.
- Click on the marked buttons:
- Enter the person’s name and send him an invitation (he should initially be in the contact list).
- Wait until the user accepts your request.
Separation into groups is needed to more conveniently create a meeting with certain participants, without adding them to the conversation separately. The Participant Management section, available only to the organizer, displays information about the user’s name and activity status.
- The organizer can manage statuses, for example:
- enable and disable sound;
- ask the person to turn on the webcam on their own;
- write a private message;
- rename a user;
- assign an admin, which automatically downgrades the host to a participant.
All your groups are in the «Channels» section of the «Contacts» tab. Right-click on its name to bring up the control menu. From there, you can quickly start a meeting, set up notifications, change data, invite other users, and much more.
Now you know how to manage everything and add members to a Zoom group.