How to schedule a meeting in Zoom
Zoom platform has a scheduling option for organizing video meetings in advance. It is very useful for distance studies, business briefings, etc. We want to explain how to schedule a Zoom meeting on the computer.
We will analyze this procedure in as much detail as possible for the Zoom program on a computer. In the mobile application and on the official website of the service, it is configured in much the same way, so only brief instructions will be mentioned.
Let’s move on to the procedure itself:
- Open the program on your computer or laptop.
- Go to the «Home» tab if it isn’t initially displayed.
- Click on the button with the calendar depicted on it.
- In the «Topic» column, enter a concise title.
- In «Start» set the date and time of the meeting.
- In the «Duration» set the time that the communication will take.
The meeting ID can be set as «Personal» or permanent (you can create it yourself on a paid account) or «Generate Automatically» (temporary – a new number is created each time). The password, if desired, can be changed. «Waiting room» – the user will not be able to communicate until the organizer allows him to enter the general dialogue.
The next item is «Video». Here you can turn the camera on or off for yourself and for other participants.
In «Calendar» you can set synchronizing with «Outlook», «Google Calendar» or any other service for scheduling. As an example, we’ll take a look at the Google variant.
Now click on the inscription «Advanced options». Here are some interesting options:
- «Allow participants to join anytime» – the video conference starts according to the schedule, before the organizer logs in, and you can immediately join it.
- «Mute participants…» – initially, users’ microphone will be muted until they activate it.
- «Automatically record…» – the video conference will be immediately saved to a separate file on your computer so that you can view it later, even without an Internet connection.
And now click on the blue button.
This will open a browser page where you need to sign in to your Google account, allow access to your calendar, and add a new event. But this step is optional.
In a mobile application, this function is activated in the same way:
The settings here are similar, but with one caveat: instead of the time of the meeting, you must specify the start time (column «From») and the end of the meeting (column «To»).
And here is the instruction for the website:
- Go to the login page.
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Click on the marked button at the top of the screen:
- Configure the available options.
- Click on «Save».
To start a scheduled meeting in Zoom do follow steps:
- Open a «Meetings» tab.
- Click on the «Copy Invitation» button.
- Send the copied text to other participants so that they can join in time, for example, via messenger, email, or social network.
- And to organize the video conference on the same tab, click the «Start» button.
- Wait for the connection to the server and the connection of other participants to whom the invitation was sent.
At any time, you can edit any options for a planned online meeting on the launch page.
Optionally, you can schedule a recurring meeting in Zoom:
- In the meeting settings window, enable the marked option.
- If possible, set the frequency.
- Save your changes.
The most convenient way to do this is through a website or mobile app.
Sometimes the question comes up: «How many meetings can I schedule in Zoom?». There is no official information on this limitation. But it’s still more convenient to use the repeat function. In this way, it will turn out to draw up a voluminous schedule of meetings with a given frequency, for example, once a week.