Zoom is unable to detect camera
Zoom is a popular application for communication and video calls (conferences). As practice shows, too high functionality is very useful, but also leads to errors, for example, with video. Today we’ll talk about why Zoom is unable to detect camera. Also, in the course of the article, we will consider the features of the problem for individual platforms and manufacturers.
The Zoom technical support page has several suggestions for resolving this issue. For ease of perception, we will divide the further narration into several logical blocks.
Make sure no other apps or programs are using the camera. Check if the processes of utilities and messengers, the functionality of which is similar to Zoom, are active. For example, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp. Their built-in algorithms are capable of using a webcam without much ado without even asking for your permission.
They usually run in the background, so open Task Manager or a similar manager and kill any actual processes. Complete the procedures and check if the camera is working properly. If there are no changes, move on.
Version 10.7 of Mac OS does not like Zoom, otherwise, how can one explain the problems with the functionality of the program on machines running this system. To solve the problem:
- Open «Finder» and go to the «System» section.
- Now go to the «Library/QuickTime» address.
- In the folder that opens, find the following objects and delete them: Video Glide, Sonix SN9C, 3ivx Video Codec, and Desktop Video Out.
This will solve the problem with Zoom.
Laptops from this manufacturer also often have a problem with peripheral devices that interact with the Zoom messenger. Let’s consider a solution to the problem using the example of Windows 10:
- Find the «Lenovo Vantage» utility in the Start menu and click to launch it.
- In the main menu, select the item «Device» and then «Device settings».
- Then open «Display & Camera».
- Uncheck the box in front of the webcam privacy mode.
- Save changes and close the utility.
If none of the above helps, contact the Zoom technical support service, describe the problem, and wait for a response from specialists.
Webcam problems often occur in such programs, and there can be a lot of reasons. If the system does not see the device, check its operability, restart the computer and use the recommendations from our article.