Zoom in browser
PC users may join and organize Zoom video meetings on computers and laptops with an official program. It is available for Windows, Mac OS and various Linux builds. But there is also a way to sign in to Zoom from a web browser. In fact, it looks like an online application, as in various messengers, for example, Telegram Web. Let’s check how it works.
In the Zoom for PC program and in the mobile application, joining the meeting is possible without registering an account on the site. In the case of using the web version, this procedure is necessary in any case. So if you have not created an account yet, then use this instruction and return to the current page.
Connecting to a meeting
To sign in to Zoom through a browser, visit https://zoom.us/signin, enter your account credentials, and click on the blue button.
There are two ways to connect:
- With inviting link.
- With a meeting ID.
The first way is that the meeting creator or participant can send you a special link with invite, for example, in social network or messenger. Open it in the same Internet browser where you signed in to your account. You may be prompted to launch the Zoom Meetings app, then refuse.Click once on the «Launch Meeting» sign and again refuse any offers if they appear. Immediately after a gray text appears with an active link «Join from Your Browser», click on it.Give web-page all necessary permissions (microphone and camera). On the new page, change your name if necessary, and then click «Join».After a few seconds, you will connect to the conversation.
The second way uses meeting ID:
- Visit https://zoom.us/join.
- Enter this ID. You can ask the organizer or participants for this information.
- Click on the «Join» button.
- As in the previous instruction, refuse to start the program.
- Click on the button «Launch meeting», refuse again and then click on «Join from…».
- Enter your name.
- Click the «Join» button.
- Enter a password, if required, and confirm.
- Wait for the connection.
Zoom Web allows you to not only connect to meetings but also create them. For this:
- Go to https://zoom.us/signin.
- Sign in if you haven’t already.
- Now navigate your mouse to the «Host a…» text at the top of the page.
- Choose one of the available options. In the conversation itself, the presence of video and screen sharing can be adjusted.
- If you have the Zoom program installed on your computer or laptop, the system will offer to launch it. Then refuse it.
- Click on the «Launch meeting» button, which is highlighted in blue.
- If the window with the opening of Zoom Meetings appears again, then again refuse.
- As a result, the new text will appear. In it, click on the link «Join from Your Browser».
The broadcast will start immediately, you just have to configure everything and invite participants:
- Click on the «Participants» button and then on «Invite».
- Select «Copy URL».
- Send the copied link to other people and wait for them to join.
Using a browser extension
An extension for scheduling and creating online conferences has been released specifically for Internet browsers Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. But in this case, too, a Zoom account is required.
The installation procedure is identical in both cases:
- Open the link you need for your browser.
- Click on the download button.
- Confirm the procedure.
- Close the store page.
The icon for launching the add-on will appear in the «Toolbar» area, which is located to the right of the address bar of the browser. Click on it to open the main menu. Immediately you will be prompted to sign in to your account. Enter your email address in the upper field, your password in the lower field, and then click on the «Sign in» button.
This will open the control menu. The «Schedule a Meeting» button is needed to schedule a conference (via Google Calendar or similar service). But it can also be created immediately. For this:
- Hover your mouse over «Start a Meeting».
- Select «With Video Off» if you don’t need a webcam initially. Otherwise – «With Video On».
- On a new browser page, stop launching Zoom if it appears.
- Click on «Launch meeting» and refuse opening the app. Then click on «Join from Your Browser».
The method for inviting participants is the same as in the previous instruction.